It’s pumpkin spice time which means it is also time for your flu shot. We are having a Curbside Clinic in the parking lot at our Bucksport location, 110 Broadway. Appointments are required so give us a call.
Everyone ages 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine every year. Seasonal flu vaccines are the best way to protect yourself and others from the flu. For some people, seasonal flu can be mild but sometimes, the flu can be serious or even deadly. The flu:
- Is linked to serious infections like pneumonia
- Can make existing health problems worse (for example, long-term heart or lung disease)
- Can lead to hospitalization or death
The clinics are:
- Wednesday, October 19: 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 25: 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 2: 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
If you’re at higher risk for serious flu complications, it’s especially important to get the vaccine before the flu starts to spread in your community. And if you care for or spend time with someone at higher risk for serious flu complications, the flu vaccine can help protect you both.