Primary Care Physician
The Primary Care Physician provides the full scope of primary care services commensurate with his/her field of training and State of Maine licensure; duties include, but are not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and provision of health maintenance services to patients of all or applicable life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all patient care activities listed on the Health Center’s eClinical Works Patient Health Record System as feasible.
- Adheres to the Health Center’s Patient Centered Medical Home Policies and Procedures as feasible.
- Utilizes electronic medical records in conformance with Federal and State ”Meaningful Use” guidelines as feasible.
- Obtains health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnoses and provides direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with Maine statute and professional practice guidelines, and adheres to the Health Center’s pain medication prescribing policies and procedures
- Performs minor surgical procedures.
- Arranges referral for patients requiring services not offered at BRHC.
- Reviews incoming reports(e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Participates in staff outreach, off-site health care programs, and medical public relations functions as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Complies with BRHC Infection Control Plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions, and ensures compliance by support staff.
- Participates in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, other clinical meetings and required staff meetings.
- Assists in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- Adheres to Uniform Data System (UDS) productivity and performance standards and meets at least minimum requirements.
- Participates in the Medical – Behavioral Health Services Integration Program.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the CEO or Medical Director.
- Be committed to the mission of the Bucksport Regional Health Center.
- The Primary Care Physician is a member of the Health Center’s Patient Centered Medical Home Team, and is expected to pursue the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve them.
- The primary care physician must be cognizant of, and comply with, all BRHC policies and procedures, as well as pertinent State of Maine and Federal regulations.
- Work as a member of the Medical Services team in the performance of duties.
- Work in harmonious relationships with all staff, patients, vendors and others.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Center by keeping information concerning Operations, patients and employees confidential.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; operate computers and computer peripherals; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to handle varying and often high levels of stress.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in a typical doctor’s office setting. Noise level is usually quiet. Employee must be available to work long hours as needed, including evenings, weekends, and travel in and out of state.
Exposure to communicable diseases, blood and other bodily fluids.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least five years of experience in the practice of family or internal medicine is required.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the health center’s mission.
- Knowledge of health problems and disparities affecting homeless and other low-income persons.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally and economically diverse professionals, non-professional staff, patients and community partners.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies, including patients, employees, board members, regulatory agencies, and the community at large.
- Exceptional communication skills, including oral, in writing, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of residency in Family Practice or Med/Peds.
- Current State of Maine Medical License.
- Current D.E.A Certificate.
- Board eligibility or Board Certified in applicable discipline is desirable but not required.
- Must demonstrate insurability under Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
- Maintain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
- Obtain ACLS or Advanced Life Support within 12 months of employment, if required by Executive Director.
Qualified candidates may send a copy of the CV/Resume to [email protected]