Serving the Bucksport region for over 43 years
Become a Patient
BRHC is welcoming all new patients. To establish as a new patient, call 469-7371 and select the “new patient:” option.
Monday – Friday 7am – 6 pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm Urgent Care
We have a special telephone line to accommodate your prescription refill requests efficiently. Please call 469-6432.
Leave a complete message including:
- Your full name and phone number
- The name of the prescription you want to refill
- The name of your pharmacy
Please allow 24 hours for prescription refill requests to be processed and available at your pharmacy.
Please bring ALL medications (including vitamins and supplements) to your visits for medication reconciliation. This is a very important step to managing your medications appropriately.
Your PCP has an assigned scheduler who you will get to know personally. When you need to schedule an appointment, your scheduler can assist you in getting the appropriate amount of time, at your convenience. Same day appointments are always available for urgent situations. Same day appointments may be with another provider, if your situation is urgent and your PCP is unavailable.
Your Medical Home
Bucksport Regional Health Center (BRHC): Improving the Patient Experience
Patient-Centered Care Delivery
At BRHC we strive to put you, the patient, at the center of your care. That means that you have a team of health care providers who work with your primary care providers(PCP) to deliver or coordinate the most comprehensive and personalized care. We want our relationship with you to be a partnership to ensure your needs are met. This means that you can (and should) participate in health care decisions that are important to you and your family. The health care team includes your Primary Care Provider (PCP), a scheduler who can schedule appointments for you and a medical assistant who will assist the PCP at each of your appointments. Depending on your individual needs, your team may include a Nurse Practitioner, a Physician Assistant, a Nutritionist, a Diabetes Nurse Educator, an RN Care Coordinator, Dental Services and/or a Behavioral Therapist. Each of these team members provide different services that will be described to you, should you need these people on your team.
Your role is important in this partnership. Your team at BRHC is committed to fully explaining the nature of your treatment, its benefits and risks, and risks of refusing treatment.
All patients have the right to considerate, respectful patient-centered care at all times and under all circumstances, with recognition of their personal dignity and values.
BRHC pledges to provide quality care to all persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender or gender-identity.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Bucksport Regional Health Center is committed to providing quality health care. It is our pledge to provide this care with respect and dignity. In keeping with this pledge and commitment, we present the following Patient Rights and Responsibilities:
You have the right to:
- A personal clinician who will see you on an on-going, regular basis.
- Competent, considerate and respectful health care, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or disabilities.
- Be called by your proper name and be in an environment that maintains dignity and positive self-image
- Be told the names of your care team.
- A second medical opinion from the clinician of your choice, at your expense.
- A complete, easily understandable explanation of your condition, treatment and chances for recovery.
- The personal review of your own medical records by appointment and in accordance with applicable State and Federal guidelines.
- Confidential management of communication and records pertaining to your medical care.
- Information about the medical consequences of exercising your right to refuse treatment.
- The information necessary to make an informed decision about any treatment or procedure, except as limited in an emergency situation.
- Be free from mental, physical and sexual abuse.
- Humane treatment in the least restrictive manner appropriate for treatment needs.
- An individualized treatment plan.
- Have your pain assessed and be involved in decisions about treating your pain.
- Refuse to participate as a subject in research.
- An explanation of your medical bill regardless of your insurance and the opportunity to personally examine your bill.
- The expectation that we will take reasonable steps to overcome cultural or other communication barriers that may exist between you and the staff.
- The opportunity to file a complaint should a dispute arise regarding care, treatment or service or to select a different clinician.
You are responsible for:
- Giving your clinician correct and complete health history information, e.g. allergies, past and present illnesses, medications and hospitalizations.
- Providing staff with correct and complete name, address, telephone and emergency contact information each time you see your clinician so we can reach you in the event of a schedule change or to give medical instructions.
- Providing staff with current and complete insurance information, including any secondary insurance, each time you see your clinician.
- Signing a “Release of Information” form when asked so your clinician can get medical records from other clinicians involved in your care.
- Telling your clinician about all prescription medication(s), alternative, i.e. herbal or other, therapies, or over-the-counter medications you take. If possible, bring the bottles to your appointment.
- Telling your clinician about any changes in your condition or reactions to medications or treatment.
- Asking your clinician questions when you do not understand your illness, treatment plan or medication instructions.
- Following your clinician’s advice. If you refuse treatment or refuse to follow instructions given by your health care clinician, you are responsible for any medical consequences.
- Keeping your appointments. If you must cancel your appointment, please call the health center at least 24 hours in advance.
- Paying copayments at the time of the visit or other bills upon receipt.
- Treating all staff with courtesy and respect.
COPIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM ANY STAFF PERSON